If you’re looking for the perfect task manager, the following list should be helpless you.
alt + k (move up) and alt + j (move down). If you want to know more about how to use “ top ”, you can type the following command in a terminal: man top.
Htop isn’t included in all Linux distros, so, if you want to use it, you must install it using the package manager of your system.
- Support for Linux, OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD and OpenSolaris.
- Monitors the CPU and memory usage.
- Tree view columns can be reordered.
- View processes as a tree.
- Display window icons/names.
- Customizable with some settings.
- Filter process list on process names.
One advantage of conky is that is doesn’t depend of the desktop environment and you can install it in any linux distro.
For example, if you want to see the processes of an specific user, type the following: