- PDF, Mobi, PRC, HTML, ODT, and LRS reading and Viewing. It also supports other inputs/formats such as; LIT, CBZ, RTF and TXT.
- It is also a PDF Reader designed to convert dozens of document formats to LIT and EPUB formats. This function can easily be accessed by clicking on the ‘Convert Books’ button.
- Calibre also provides library management features where it facilitates management of user e-books. One entry in the database can correspond to several ebooks of various formats.
- Besides, it offers modular device driver design which makes it easy to connect with other e-book devices and access the same content in the application. This also enables sync services between devices e.g. iPhone and Android Devices.
- It also offers customized automatic new download where the user can provide their desired websites and RSS feeds and converting them into PDF and EPUB formats.
- It features the following:
- Has support for 3d features as it has an embedded 3D model.
- Supports commenting and the addition of text boxes to documents.
- Supports addition of stamps to a document.
- It provides a magnifier and other view enhancements.
Okular can be downloaded here.
- Supports ebook formats such as ePub, rtf, chm, plucker e.t.c
- It also features the direct reading of ebooks from archives such as zip, tar, gzip and bzip2 among others.
- Provide a library arrangement feature for easy organization and accessing of ebooks.
- It also supports the structured view of ebooks.
- Provides access to network library for the search of additional ebooks.
FBReader viewer can be downloaded from the Ubuntu Appstore here.
- Its major features include keyboard shortcuts for first navigation.
- Zooming features.
It can be downloaded from here.
- Command line tools for creating and running.
- It is made of a low-level Java interface for desktop and Android viewing.
- Offers to shape complex scripts for ePub text layout.
- It also contains tools for the creation of PDF files from scratch.
MuPDF offers a lot of features when combined with necessary tools. It can be downloaded as a .deb package here. Alternatively, you can install it using the terminal by typing the following commands and confirming the operation. Press CTRL+ ALT+T to access the terminal.