digiKam 4.8.0 Released With Some Bug Fixes
digiKam 4.8.0 does not include new features accept some bug fixes. But digiKam has a lot of features and will be adding more in digiKam 5.0.
digiKam Basic Features
Organization of Photos in Albums and sub-Albums, Comments can be added to Albums and Tags can be added to Albums.
- Driving all digital camera types supported by Gphoto2 project:
- Over 1200 digital camera devices supported
- Serial connection
- USB connection
- USB/IEEE Mass storage connection
- Connecting autodetection of camera using HAL/KDE service
- Importing pictures from digital still cameras. Operations currently supported are:
- Deleting images
- Uploading images
- Lock images
- Auto-rename pictures during import
- Auto-rotate pictures during import
- Auto-creation of albums during import
- LossLess conversion during import
- Advanced camera information
- Capture images from the camera (GPhoto2 devices only)
To ease development and to share code with other KDE applications, digiKam make use of two plugin architectures:
- Kipi plugins for lead interface.
- Image plugins for image editor.
Other than this there are many other features that you can dig into on the official page.
What’s New In digiKam 4.8.0
The release digiKam 4.8.0 does not include new features but 13 bugs fix. Let’s take a look at them.