FileZilla 3.10.1 Released with bug fixes and some minor changes Install in ubuntu/Linux Mint
FileZilla is cross-platform and its nice and its file manager like interface that has on one side local hard-disk files and on the other side remote folders/files. You can easily move files from local hard-disk to remote server and vice-versa, just by dragging and dropping.
The features in FileZilla include –
- Easy to use
- Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP)
- Cross-platform. Runs on Windows (Vista or later), Linux, *BSD, OSX and more
- IPv6 support
- Available in many languages
- Supports resume and transfer of large files >4GB
- Powerful Site Manager and transfer queue
- Drag & drop support
- Configurable Speed limits
- Filename filters
- Directory Comparison
- Network configuration wizard
- The ability to use Notepad or any other program to edit a file online (the real action behind the scenes: downloading it to a temporary place and re-uploading it upon saving)
- HTTP/1.1, SOCKS5, and FTP Proxy support
- Logging to file
- Synchronized directory browsing
- Remote file search
What’s new in FileZilla 3.10.1
Bugfixes and minor changes:
- Don’t override proxy settings if loading an implicit session from PuTTY
- Silently delete junk files left behind by some editors in the temporary directory
Download and Install in Ubuntu Or Linux Mint
It will download a tarball that you will extract all the files to install.
- 32-bit system download the “FileZilla_x.x.x_i586-linux-gnu.tar.bz2″
- 64-bit system download the “FileZilla_x.x.x_x86_64-linux-gnu.tar.bz2″
You can extract it using Archive Manager or with the terminal.
Before you pass following commands make sure you are in the directory where you’ve downloaded FileZilla tarball.
- After you extract files change the file ownership.
- Now move to bin directory inside FileZilla extracted folder and launch FileZilla client.
Done! It will launch FileZilla latest version.
Did you see dependencies error? I did not find the dependencies that it says in error but the following worked!