gThumb 3.3.3 Released With Improved Support For GTK 3.14 And More, Install in Linux
There are many other changes in gThumb 3.3.3 –
- allow to apply the embedded color profile for jpeg images;
- unified ‘equalize histogram’ and ‘adjust contrast’: show a preview of the various contrast filters;
- The grayscale tool now shows a preview of the different filters;
- fixed the interface style when used with gtk + 3.14;
- file property view:
- use a switcher;
- added a details page that shows all the metadata, show only the important exif fields in the properties page;
- UI changes to the preferences dialog:
- use a sidebar instead of a notebook to avoid a large dialog with some translations;
- better spacing;
- removed the Ok button;
- video player:
- save the screenshot without showing the dialog;
- allow to set the location of the screenshot in the extension preferences dialog;
- show a message in the status bar after saving;
- fixed Flickr image uploading.
Other than these features, there are many bug fixes in this release.
Important note: gThumb 3.3.x uses header bars so only install it on desktop environments that support header bars (also known as client-side decorations), like GNOME (Shell) or Cinnamon! In Unity, for instance, you can use a hack to disable the header bars, but you’ll also have to remove the overlay-scrollbar package or else some parts of the app will be transparent (here’s a gThumb screenshot taken in Unity without applying these tweaks).
Install gThumb 3.3.3 in Ubuntu/Linux Mint
Install gThumb 3.3.3 on Ubuntu GNOME 14.10, Ubuntu GNOME 14.04, Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon and Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon. Add the following webupd8 repository to your system and update the local repository index, then install gThumb.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/gthumb $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install gthumb
You can also download gThumb 3.3.3 source code from here for other Linux distributions.
If you want to remove gThumb 3.3.3 then do the following –
$ sudo apt-get remove gthumb
you can also remove the PPA, remove gthumb and downgrade all the packages that got updated via this PPA to their original versions, from the official repository-
$ sudo ppa-purge ppa:webupd8team/gthumb