How To Do CentOS Minimal Install?
- First, create a bootable USB or DVD from the ISO you downloaded. It’s an easy task to do in both Windows and Linux. You can follow the steps here if you don’t know how http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-USB-Bootable
- After you’re done restart your computer with the USB drive inserted. It should detect it automatically and if not then access the Boot Menu when the computer starts and select it from there.
- After the bootloaders loads, you’ll be greeted with the above screen. There select “Install CentOS Linux 7” and press Enter.
- Wait a bit for the Installation Window to load. On the first page, you need to select your preferred language and then click on Continue.
- Based on your preferred language Date & Time, Keyboard layout and Language Support are selected automatically but you can change them if you want.
- You need to recheck in order to begin the installation. Just click Done twice after checking all options are how you want them to be.
- After checking all the options click on Begin Installation. While the OS is being installed you need to provide a root password and create a new user by click on the respective icons.
- When the installation completes you need to click on Reboot to finish the installation and boot into the OS.