- Review the DNS traffic originating from your network in real time, and detect compromised hosts and applications phoning home
- Locally block ads, trackers, malware, spam, and any website whose domain names or IP addresses match a set of rules you define.
- Prevent queries for local zones from being leaked.
- Reduce latency by caching responses and avoiding requesting IPv6 addresses on IPv4-only networks.
- Force traffic to use TCP, to route it through TCP-only tunnels or Tor.
Installing the dependencies
The following packages are necessary for the compilation of DNSCrypt. Enter the following commands in terminal to install them.
- Open Network connections from menu
- Select your active connection from the Wired or Wireless tab
- Click on Edit and go to IPv4 settings tab
- Under method, select “Automatic (DHCP) addresses only”
- Set DNS servers to 127.0.0.2
- Save your settings and close