Linux Mint is one of the most popular Linux distribution. Mostly advanced Linux users including LinuxAndUbuntu, it is always suggested to start with Linux Mint. So those who are newbies or thinking to use Linux Mint, here is a complete tutorial on how to install Linux Mint from USB and CD/DVD.
Linux Mint has four editions or flavors:
System Requirements For Linux Mint
How To Install Linux Mint From USB, CD/DVD?
2. You can choose a download mirror or a torrent download, for this tutorial I will use the torrent download.
3. Open the torrent file with transmission or other torrent client (utorrent from Windows).
2. Verify your ISO
2. Terminal output
3. If you compare the checksums, they are equals
6. If the checksums don’t match, your ISO file could be damaged
3. Make your installation media
6. You can try the system before the installation.
7. Open the Linux Mint Installer
8. Third-party software
9. Preparing your hard disk
5. Write changes to disk
10. Choose your location to determine the correspondent time zone
11. Select your keyboard layout
12. Create the user account
13. The Installation process will be start
14. During the installation process you will see the features of Linux Mint
15. The installation should take between 10 and 15 minutes, when it finished you will see the following dialog:
16. Restart you computer and remove the installation media
17. First Login
18. Enjoy your Linux Mint System!
Most Read Articles
Translate Our Site
Notice : Please be careful, after translation commands will change.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies