Install VirtualBox 5.0 In Ubuntu/Linux Mint Or Other Derivatives
What’s New In VirtualBox 5.0?
- Paravirtualization support for Windows and Linux guests to improve time-keeping accuracy and performance (see the manual for more information)
- Make more instruction set extensions available to the guest when running with hardware-assisted virtualization and nested paging. Among others, this includes: SSE 4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX-2, AES-NI, POPCNT, RDRAND and RDSEED
- xHCI Controller to support USB 3 devices (see the manual for more information)
- Drag and drop support (bidirectional) for Windows, Linux, and Solaris guests
- Disk image encryption (see the manual for more information)
- VMs can now be started in a separate mode. The VM process is started headless while the frontend runs as a separate process which can be terminated without stopping the VM.
- GUI: VM guest-content scaling support (including 3D acceleration)
- GUI: New User Interface settings page for customizing status-bar, menu-bar and guest-content scaling
- GUI: New Encryption settings tab for customizing encryption options for disk images
- GUI: HiDPI support including application icons and optional unscaled HiDPI output on Mac OS X (including 3D acceleration)
- GUI: Hotplugging support for SATA disks
- New, modular audio architecture for providing a better abstraction of the host audio backends
- Support for the NDIS6 networking framework on Windows (default on Vista and later)
- …and much more (full release notes)
How To Install VirtualBox 5.0 In Ubuntu 15.04/14.10.14.04 Or Linux Mint 17.2 Or Other Derivatives
After you’ve downloaded the file, move to the folder where the downloaded file exists and open the .deb file with Software Center and click install and your file will be installed. But sometimes in the failure of installation software center does not specify the reason for failure. So it is better to install through either gdebi or from terminal. To install from terminal, open up a terminal (ctrl+alt+t) and move to the folder where VirtualBox file contained.