How To Use Wireshark To Inspect Network Traffic
“No interface can be used for capturing in this system with the current configuration”.The following steps will rectify this.
Create the Wireshark group.
Wireshark has quite an extensive application or use. Here are a few examples of what people use Wireshark for:
- Network administrators use it to troubleshoot network problems
- Network security engineers use it to examine security problems
- Developers use it to debug protocol implementations
- Others use it to learn network protocol internals
The following are some of the many features Wireshark provides:
- Capture live packet data from a network interface.
- Open files containing packet data captured with tcpdump/WinDump, Wireshark, and a number of other packet capture programs.
- Import packets from text files containing hex dumps of packet data.
- Display packets with very detailed protocol information.
- Save packet data captured.
- Export some or all packets in a number of capture file formats.
- Filter packets on many criteria.
- Search for packets on many criteria.
- Colorize packet display based on filters.
- Create various statistics.