The 4.4 version was called the most beautiful release ever because of multiple new features taken to it. Look at the wiki page to see the new features made available in LibreOffice 4.4. Here is the Changelog for LibreOffice 4.4.
You’re recommended to update to 4.4.1 cause it will make your office suit even more stable, reliable and user-friendly.
Install/Upgrade To LibreOffice 4.4.1 In Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- If you have no previous version of LibreOffice installed, then you can simply install the LibreOffice 4.4.1 in your system downloading the package file from the Document Foundation website. Click the download button below to download LibreOffice 4.4.1. If you have already installed an older version of LibreOffice then jump to step 2.
For 32-bit Systems
For 64-bit Systems
2. If you have already a version of LibreOffice installed, You can remove it first and then install the newer version. If you don’t install older version then you’ll have two versions of LibreOffice in your system.
- Remove already installed LibreOffice
$ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*
3. After you’ve removed the previous version or downloaded LibreOffice 4.4.1, install it in your system.
- First of all, extract the files from the .tar.gz.
- Now open up terminal and cd into the DEBS that is the folder in the folder you’ve just extracted.
- After you are in the DEBS folder type the command below to install all the files of LibreOffice 4.4.1.
$ sudo dpkg -i *.deb