is the most beautiful
and featured release ever by The Document Foundation and now the Foundation has released LibreOffice 4.4.2
minor release with 50+ bug fixes over 4.4 and 4.4.1. This minor release makes LibreOffice even more stable. So let’s install or update LibreOffice 4.4.2 in Ubuntu/Linux Mint or in other Ubuntu
LibreOffice 4.4.2 is a bug fix release that contains more than 50 bug fixes that make LibreOffice 4.4 family more stable. Although there can still be some minor bugs that will be fixed soon in the next release. It is suggested to update to 4.4.2 release, as it makes LibreOffice more stable.
How To Install/Update LibreOffice 4.4.2 In Ubuntu/Linux Mint Or Ubuntu Based Distributions?
- If you have not any previous version of LibreOffice installed then you can simply download the package from the website by clicking any of the below buttons. If you have installed any previous version then go to step 2.
For 32-bit Systems
For 64-bit Systems
2. If you have already a version of LibreOffice installed, You can remove it first and then install the newer version. If you don’t install older version then you’ll have two versions of LibreOffice in your system.
- Remove already installed version
$ sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*
3. After you’ve removed the previous version or downloaded LibreOffice 4.4.1, install it in your system.
- First of all, extract the files from the .tar.gz.
- Now open up terminal and cd into the DEBS that is the folder in the folder you’ve just extracted
- After you are in the DEBS folder type the command below to install all the files of LibreOffice 4.4.2.
Congratulation! You have successfully installed or updated to LibreOffice 4.4.2. If you have any problem please ask in the comment below.