LibreOffice 5.4 Released With New Features
- A new standard color palette has been included, based on the RYB color model.
- File format compatibility has been improved, with better support for EMF vector images. This helps when you’re importing detailed diagrams from other office software.
- Imported PDF files are rendered with much better quality, also when inserted into a document, while exported PDF files – from Writer and Impress – support embedded videos (and linked videos if opened with Acrobat Reader).
- LibreOffice 5.4 supports OpenPGP keys for signing ODF documents on Linux. If you already use GPG/PGP for signing emails, it ensures the authenticity of your ODF documents regardless of the mode of transport or storage.
- In Writer, you can now import AutoText from Microsoft Word DOTM templates.
- When you’re exporting or pasting numbered and bulleted lists as plain text, their full structure is preserved.
- In the Format menu, you can now create custom watermarks for your documents.
- New context menu items have been added for working with sections, footnotes, endnotes, and styles.
- Calc now includes support for t charts, which use data from pivot tables. When the table is updated, the chart is automatically updated as well.
- Comments are now easier to manage, with menu commands to show, hide and delete all comments.
- When applying conditional formatting to cells, you can now easily change the priority of rules with up and down buttons.
- Extra sheet protection options have been added, to optionally allow insertion or deletion of rows and columns.
- Lastly, when you’re exporting in CSV format, your settings are remembered for the next export operation.
- LibreOffice Online has been improved as well.
- Performance is better
- Layout adapts responsively to mobile devices.
- In addition, a read-only mode has been added.
LibreOffice ODF 1.2
Microsoft Office 2016 ODF 1.2
Microsoft Office 2016 OOXML