lsvpd – Linux Diagnostic Tools
It is a hardware inventory database program designed to re-implement AIX’s (IBM version of UNIX) related commands.
- lsvpd lists all the VPD associated with the FRU
- lscfg list the hardware configuration
- lsmcode list the microcode and firmware levels
- lsvio lists virtual I/O adapters and devices
- while vpdupdate updates the database of VPD
- TM stand for Model of the hardware
- SE is the serial
- MF is the manufacturer of the hardware
And for the nerdy users, you can point your VPD database file to a different directory by passing –path=Database_directory argument.
- vpdupdate will run at startup. So get ready to delay your boot-up time by 4-6 seconds.
- you might encounter this error dialog at every boot-up.