What Is MythTV?
- Watch and record analog and/or digital TV, including HDTV.
- Pause, skip and rewind live TV shows.
- Completely automatic commercial detection/skipping, with manual correction via an intuitive cutlist editor.
- Intelligently schedules recordings to avoid conflicts.
- Parental controls to keep your kids out of the good shows.
- Watch and archive DVDs.
- Listen to your digital music collection.
- Schedule and administer many functions remotely via a web browser.
- Flexible client/server architecture allows multiple frontend client machines to access content served by one or more backend servers (although the most common installation consists of a single computer running both the client and server together).
- Many more…
How To Install MythTV 0.27.5 In Ubuntu 15.04/14.10, Linux Mint Or Other Ubuntu Derivatives?
The MythTV community has recently released a new version MythTV 0.27.5, Install on Ubuntu 15.04 vivid Vervet, ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr (LTS) and Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela, Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, Linux Mint 17 Qiana.
To see what’s changed in the latest release, You can see the complete changelog here. Add the repository and update the local repository cache and Install MythTV.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mythbuntu/0.27$ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install mythtv
- In case you want to remove MythTV then do the following –
$ sudo apt-get remove mythtv