Task Coach 1.4.2 Released, Install in Ubuntu/Linux Mint to Organize Tasks
Task Coach is a complete task manager that can manage your upcoming tasks, current projects, and import events. Task manager is cross-platform and available for major Mobile and Desktop Operating Systems, including Linux.
Task Coach is highly Customizable. It allows to create a task list, prioritize tasks in the list, create categories and sort the categories. A task can be set for starting and ending date, schedule task, create tasks by importing emails from an email client such as Thunderbird. You can make a simple task list or a complex schedule with sub level tasks, reminders, priority levels, and even progress monitoring.
- Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
- Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date, and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
- Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
- Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
- Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from a mail user agent (Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Apple Mail) onto a task viewer.
- Attachments can be added to tasks, notes, and categories by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages, or URL’s onto a task, note or category.
- Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
- Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
There are even more features, To see all of them head to the official website here.
What’s New in Task Coach 1.4.2?
This release includes some bug fixes –
- Also, avoid locking in an ownCloud folder.
- Avoid a crash when files with badly encoded names are in the same directory as the task file.
- Avoid data loss in some rare situations
Install Task Coach 1.4.2 in Linux
An older version of Task Coach is already available but to install the latest version, you need to add PPA and update your local repository cache and install Task Coach 1.4.2.
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:taskcoach-developers/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install taskcoach
Uninstalling Task Coach 1.4.2
$ sudo apt-get remove taskcoach