TrackMania Nations Forever Available As A Snap Application
This was made possible with snap packaging, which is a powerful tool that supports many features, including packaging applications using wine and auto silent updates.“Inspired by some of our community contributors who’ve been snapping Windows applications we decided to have a go at creating snaps of Windows games as a bank holiday weekend project.
After several evenings of “extensive QA” 😉 we’d like to invite you to test the snap of the free to play Track Mania Nations Forever, the most popular online PC racing game E-V-E-R! …” – Martin Wimpress
The game is available for amd64 and i386 architectures and is installed under a WINE environment on the first run. It runs on Nvidia with proprietary graphics and Intel IGPs.
For now, the application takes a bit longer to its first run but the issue is being taken care of.
To install it just run:
About The Game
- It is totally free;
- A captivating solo mode with 65 brand new tracks;
- Join millions of players online and compete on thousands of tracks on the TrackMania servers;
- One complete TrackMania environment: Stadium “Forever”;
- An in-game editor to create your own tracks, video studio to realize your own movies and a paint shop to customize your vehicles;
- Official ladders for solo and multiplayer;
- Compatible with TrackMania United Forever (profile and multiplayer servers).
System Requirements (Windows)
- Supported OS: Windows 2000/XP/XP-x64/Vista
- Processor: Pentium IV 1.6GHz / AthlonXP 1600+
- Graphics: 3D accelerator 16 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c or better
- Memory: 256 MB (512 MB with Vista)
- Sound: 16 bit DirectX compatible sound card
- Hard Drive: 750 MB free disk space