What’s New In Wine 1.7.39?
- WinMM joystick support on Mac OS X.
- Kerning support in DirectWrite.
- Support for DirectX Media Objects filters.
- Better support for animated GIFs in GdiPlus.
- Improved support for Known Folders in Shell32.
- Various bug fixes.
For the complete list of changes, please refer to the official post.
How To Install Wine 1.7.39 In Ubuntu 14.04/14.10 and Mint 17/17.1?
The easiest way to install Wine 1.7.39 is to use PPA.
Uninstall old version of Wine
If you have installed an older version, first uninstall using the below command –
$ sudo apt-get remove –purge wine
Add the repository and Install Wine 1.7.39 –
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install wine1.7 winetricks
Congratulation! You’ve installed Wine.