Wireshark is a cross-platform tool with nice features to get into the packets captured on the network. The release is an experimental and testing new features for Wireshark 2.0.
Latest released contains a number of new features one of which is that it has added support for new protocols.
(LISP) TCP Control Message, AllJoyn Reliable Datagram Protocol, Android ADB, Android Logcat text, ceph, corosync/totemnet, corosync/totemsrp, Couchbase, CP “Cooper” 2179, DJI UAV Drone Control Protocol, Dynamic Source Routing (RFC 4728), Elasticsearch, ETSI Card Application Toolkit – Transport Protocol, Generic Network Virtualization Encapsulation (Geneve), GVSP, HCrt, HiQnet, IPMI Trace, iSER, KNXnetIP, MACsec Key Agreement – EAPoL-MKA, MCPE (Minecraft Pocket Edition), OptoMMP, RakNet games library, Riemann, S7 Communication, Shared Memory Communications – RDMA, Stateless Transport Tunneling, and ZVT Kassenschnittstelle
New and Updated Capture File Support
Android Logcat text files, Colasoft Capsa files, and Wireshark now supports nanosecond timestamp resolution in PCAP-NG files.
The following features has been added or updated to Wireshark 1.99.2 since version 1.99.1
- The welcome screen layout has been updated.
- The Preferences dialog no longer crashes on Windows.
- The packet list header menu has been added.
- Statistics tree plugins are now supported.
- The window icon is now displayed properly in the Windows taskbar.
- A packet list a byte view selection bug has been fixed (Bug 10896)
- The RTP Streams dialog has been added.
- The Protocol Hierarchy Statistics dialog has been added.
Our sponsor - Deploy your server within 3 minutes