We frequently need to transfer large amounts of data between Android phones/tablets and Linux computers in the form of mp3 songs, video songs, movies, and, most importantly, large games. Transferring via USB cable takes time, so let’s do it quickly and easily with ‘Airdroid.’
Airdroid is an Android application that allows large files to be transferred over wifi between any computer and any Android device. Yes, there is WiFi! It is faster than a USB cable. Let’s get started!
All you need to transfer files between your Linux machine and Android is a web browser on your Linux machine and the Airdroid application installed on your Android phone or tablet.
- Now open any browser on the computer and go to airdroid.com. Scroll down and click on Airdroid Web.
- After you click a new tab will open and that is the main interface to transfer files. Here you have a QR code that you will scan from your android phone after some time.
Now move to your Android phone (Do not close browser tab) and connect it with the same wifi that you’re using on the computer. Download and install Airdroid app from Google Play. After you install Airdroid app open it and you’ll see the screen like below –
- Now tap to QR code highlighted above and scan the QR code that you’re in the browser tab. As you scan the code, You are all done! You’ve now access to your android device from your Linux machine.
- Now to transfer files from phone to computer, click on the file and it will open the phone memory, there you also have SD card. Browse into the folders and select the files or folders that you want to transfer and click download. All the files you selected will start downloading to the computer.
- To transfer files or folder from computer to phone, click on upload and select files/folders and click on upload. All the files will be uploaded to your phone.
Aside from file transfer, you have a lot of interesting features. You can use your computer to make phone calls, listen to music, watch videos, and even take photos with the phone’s camera. Use all of the functions, and it will be much nicer and faster.
If you have any problem don’t hesitate to comment below.