What Is ChaletOS?
ChaletOS: Sleek Interface
When you use ChaletOS, you almost forget that you’re using Linux OS. Its interface is more likely to give you the essence of Windows sleekness. ChaletOS uses Xfce desktop environment with high customizations. There is still room to tweak and customize the desktop look. Also, Read – 5 Best Linux Desktop Environments With Pros & Cons
Styles & Icons
Accept the default styles of whole desktop (taskbar, titlebar start menu etc.), there are many predefined styles in the appearance. You also have numerous fresh icons packs that you can access from the same appearance settings. Check out below the slideshow for different styles and icons.
Tools & Applications
Accept the sleek and beginner friendly OS, ChaletOS also aims to provide light desktop with so many useful applications. List of included software:
- Accessories: Arhive Manager, Calculator, Catfish File Search, File Manager (Thunar), Mousepad Text Editor, Notes, Screenshot, Terminal Emulator.
- Games: 2048, AisleRiot Solitaire, PlayOnLinux.
- Graphic: GIMP Image Editor, Ristretto Image Viewer, Simple Scan.
- Internet: Firefox Web Browser, Great Little Radio Player, Pidgin Internet Messenger, Thunderbird Mail, QBitTorrent.
- Office: Dictionary, Document Viewer (Evince), Great Little Book Shelf.
- Settings: ChaletOS Style Changer, Default Style Restore, AutoMount.
- Multimedia: Audacious, Audio Recorder, Brasero, Cheese, VLC Media Player, PulseAudio Control.
- System: BleachBit, Disks, Disk Analizer, GDebi Package Installer, Synaptic Package Manager, Task Manager, GParted, Ubuntu Software Center, Wine, Windows Wireless Drivers, USB Formatter, USB Image Writer, Startup Disk Creator.
All these applications should be enough for a newbie to take hands-on Linux. Otherwise, if user needs any application then there are bundles of applications available in default repositories.