What Is ChaletOS?
ChaletOS: Sleek Interface
When you use ChaletOS, you almost forget that you’re using Linux OS. Its interface is more likely to give you the essence of Windows sleekness. ChaletOS uses Xfce desktop environment with high customizations. There is still room to tweak and customize the desktop look. Also, Read – 5 Best Linux Desktop Environments With Pros & Cons
Styles & Icons
Accept the default styles of whole desktop (taskbar, titlebar start menu etc.), there are many predefined styles in the appearance. You also have numerous fresh icons packs that you can access from the same appearance settings. Check out below the slideshow for different styles and icons.
Tools & Applications
Accept the sleek and beginner friendly OS, ChaletOS also aims to provide light desktop with so many useful applications. List of included software:
- Accessories: Arhive Manager, Calculator, Catfish File Search, File Manager (Thunar), Mousepad Text Editor, Notes, Screenshot, Terminal Emulator.
- Games: 2048, AisleRiot Solitaire, PlayOnLinux.
- Graphic: GIMP Image Editor, Ristretto Image Viewer, Simple Scan.
- Internet: Firefox Web Browser, Great Little Radio Player, Pidgin Internet Messenger, Thunderbird Mail, QBitTorrent.
- Office: Dictionary, Document Viewer (Evince), Great Little Book Shelf.
- Settings: ChaletOS Style Changer, Default Style Restore, AutoMount.
- Multimedia: Audacious, Audio Recorder, Brasero, Cheese, VLC Media Player, PulseAudio Control.
- System: BleachBit, Disks, Disk Analizer, GDebi Package Installer, Synaptic Package Manager, Task Manager, GParted, Ubuntu Software Center, Wine, Windows Wireless Drivers, USB Formatter, USB Image Writer, Startup Disk Creator.
All these applications should be enough for a newbie to take hands-on Linux. Otherwise, if user needs any application then there are bundles of applications available in default repositories.
“ChaletOS, New & Beautiful Linux Distribution Based On Xubuntu And A Clone Of Windows”
On the website:
> Last stable version: april 2016
It’s not new, its April 2016?.???……
Win 7 is not new either & it is just as great as it ever was.
Can Chalot be dual booted with Windows 10 and if so may I get a link or info on how to do so safely please?
Chalet OS is no longer in development, it’s classed as a dormant Distribution on Distro watch. I was the Admin on the forum which is still going but there’s no activity at all. It’s a shame that the developer built this great looking OS and when it hit it’s peak, he just stopped development and hasn’t been heard of since. The best thing it had going for it was the style changer which made this distro a stand , but the developer wrote in one of his last posts on the forum, he wouldn’t release the code for that style changer, which is a shame as other Linux Distros could use it.
Yeah, what Dit’s is saying is a shame… It was, and still is a great distro… it is what brought me from Windows 10 over to Linux.