Kdenlive: Features At A Glance
- Kdenlive has multi-track editing with a timeline and supports an unlimited number of video and audio tracks.
- Tools to create, move, crop and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips, and image clips. Configurable keyboard shortcuts and interface layouts.
- A wide range of effects and transitions. Audio effects include normalization, phase and pitch shifting, limiting, volume adjustment, reverb and equalization filters as well as others. Video effects include options for masking, blue-screen, distortions, rotations, color tools, blurring, obscuring and others.
- Ability to add custom effects and transitions.
- Rendering is done using a separate non-blocking process so it can be stopped, paused and restarted.
- Kdenlive also provides a script called the Kdenlive Builder Wizard (KBW) that compiles the latest developer version of the software and its main dependencies from source, to allow users to try to test new features and report problems on the bug tracker.
How To Use Kdenlive In Linux
If you don’t want certain sections on the screen then you can simply delete them to make other sections wider. Just click the close button on that section and that section will be closed. As you can see below is my favorite layout. I have closed the project note section, removed unnecessary video/audio tracks and now I have enough space to preview my project and all other necessary sections are wider.
Create New Project