Have you ever wonder how everything works? From Smartphones Operating Systems to even each and every Linux Distro and every Operating System created by Microsoft and Apple. How does it play my favorite music? How does it save my files to the cloud? How does actually everything work? All these questions are answered with one big bolded and all capital “PROGRAMMING”.So, you might be asking yourself, “yeah I know programming runs all but, how should I start and from where?”
In this article, will be stated some tips that can help you begin to program.
It’s All About Logic
Some of you may have mistaken by the idea that to be a good programmer you need to be very good in maths, that is not totally wrong but to be good in logic is the most important. For math, you can learn eventually for something that you need at that time but logic you will need all along the way.
Logic has the ability to make you create in your mind the shortest path to solve the problems and when I say shortest I mean that you can program but not be a good programmer if your logic is not that good.
Pseudo Code Or Algorithm
Everything that your application, software or something else does, was “told” by you. This means that whatever instructions you give to your code it will do exactly that.
For example, when you create a code for login and password verification if you don’t make validations (verification if the user exists or the password is valid) the application will never do it for you if you didn’t code it.
Know The Primitive Words
Each and every language in programming have some words that are used to define variables (e.g. String for literal in java). These words are case sensitive and can only be used to declare variables. If used in another way than declare variables your code would not run.
Choose Your Language
There are plenty of languages for you to learn and you have to choose what best suits you or what you need to be done with it.
Below is a list of some popular languages and what can be done with it or what was already done. It is a general-purpose, high-level language created by Dennis M. Ritchie to develop the UNIX operating system. The C compiler, Unix Operating System and all applications were developed using C language.
- Easy to learn;
- Structured language;
- It produces efficient programs;
- It can handle low-level activities;
- It can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms.
Also Read – 8 Best Code Editors For Linux
It was originally developed by Sun Microsystems which was initiated by James Gosling and released in 1995 as core component of Sun Microsystems’ Java platform (Java 1.0 [J2SE]).
- Java is platform independent – In java you write the code once and can run it in any Operating System, the “translation” for that OS to understand is made by JVM (Java Virtual Machine);
- Object Oriented − In Java, everything is an Object. Java can be easily extended since it is based on the Object model;
- Simple − Java is designed to be easy to learn. If you understand the basic concept of OOP Java, it would be easy to master;
- Secure – Java uses a secure feature to provide a virus-free development;
- Multithread – Allows java to run different tasks smoothly on an application;
- Dynamic – Java programs can carry an extensive amount of run-time information that can be used to verify and resolve access to objects on run-time.
Ruby Programming Language
Ruby is a scripting programming language designed by Yukihiro Matsumoto and it runs on Windows, macOS and Unix-like Operating Systems.
- It is an interpreted programming language;
- It’s a server-side scripting language;
- Very high scalable and easy to maintain;
Python Programming Language
It is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language created by Guido van Rossum from 1985- 1990.
- python is interpreted, that means that it’s not needed to compile it first before execution;
- It is object-oriented;
- It is interactive;
- Python is a Beginner’s Language: Python is a great language for the beginner-level programmers and supports the development of a wide range of applications;
Programming requires good practice every day, so if you need to get started with programming you need to drink programming, eat programming, sleep in programming and even programming. whenever you have spare time grab a paper write an algorithm of a code you have in mind, right it on Libreoffice writer or any text editor, use an IDE, do anything you can but don’t stop programming. With practice comes perfection.
Leave your opinions below.